Some of these are books I read for the first time just recently and others are books that I keep thinking about after years have gone by. Some have made the Weekend Picks list and the others probably will be for too long. I hope many of you find these books familiar, if not, add them to your "to be read list" as soon as possible.
Since my children aren't around for my birthday this year, I have rounded up these 12 suggestions and gathered them around me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1. We Were Here by Matt de la Pena
2. Big Mouth Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates
3. Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles
4. Too Shattered for Mending by Peter Brown Hoffmeister
5. People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins
6. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
7. Dig by A. S. King
8. The Wild Lands by Paul Greci
9. Holes by Louis Sachar
10. Dear Martin by Nic Stone
11. Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina
12. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds